12 Dinners You Can Make in a Muffin Tin

by - 16:44








Chances are, that muffin tin you've got hanging around has some seriously untapped potential. They may be designed to bake up batches of muffins and cupcakes, but as it turns out, your muffin tin can (and should) be a pretty clutch dinner tool, too.
My foray into the world of muffin tin dinners happened the way most of my culinary obsessions in college did: via Pinterest. Mini crustless quiches got me through many busy, late nights, and muffin tin turkey lasagnas became the ultimate comfort food to pair alongside a simple side salad.
Unlike many of the Pinterest cooking trends I got into—and let's be real, there were many—muffin tin dinners are still a go-to. I love that they're so easy to make ahead for meal prep, and many muffin-sized creations freeze like a dream. And because they automatically freeze individually, having them on-hand means you'll always have a perfect last-minute dinner solution for one person. As another bonus, they've got portion control built right in.
These 12 recipes just might turn you into a convert—trust me, you'll never look at your muffin tin the same way again.


Tiny dogs? Love them. Baby corn? Yes please. Pygmy goats? I’ll take 12. For a while, I even collected those little erasers that are shaped like food for no other reason than the fact that they were small, exact replicas of delicious things. So obviously, when I find a recipe that takes a big dish and makes it bite-sized, I’m all over it.







2. Mini BLT Quinoa Cups



Mini BLT Quinoa Cups are the perfect bite-sized gluten-free snack, breakfast, lunch, or dinner recipe! Easy and healthy.



<<<<< See Recipe >>>>>







3. Muffin Tin Mexican Bowls


I can’t think of a food I love more than Mexican food.  I have distinct memories of tasting it for the first time when I was a child and feeling I’d stumbled into a wonderland of exotic smells, spicy flavors and the comfort food of my dreams.  That has stayed with me and is my go to for dinner often!











4. Potato Noodle Cups With Meatballs and Tomato Sauce 



If you’re ever throwing a dinner party and need to pre-make all the food so that you aren’t in the kitchen the entire time, I have the perfect, fun recipe idea for you today.

These spiralized potato noodle cups are so cute, you’ll want to make them all summer long at get togethers – to impress your guests and most importantly, their tastebuds!



<<<<< See Recipe >>>>>









Is it weird that I’m already looking forward to January? Sure, it’s my birthday month, but more so than that – it’s the best snackin’ month of the year! There’s New Years Day (great snacking and football day) and the Super Bowl (same deal) (OK, the Super Bowl is technically a few days into February, but who’s keeping track?).



<<<<< See Recipe >>>>>







6. Baked Green Falafels With Tahini Sauce



Would  you like to try a different vegetarian dish for your next Super Bowl party,  get together, potluck dinner or meatless Monday?  Give our Green Baked Falafel a try. You’ll love it. This green Baked Green Falafel recipe is guilt free, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, kosher, super flavorful and easy to make. And…. It is always fun to make recipes using a muffin tin.



<<<<< See Recipe >>>>>









7.Easy Enchilada Cups 



They weren’t kidding when they named it March Madness.

My loft in downtown Kansas City happens to be just a few blocks away from the Sprint Center, where the men’s basketball Big XII tournament was in full swing last week.  And the energy around here was crazy!!  Everywhere I turned, fans were milling around the streets, proudly sporting their team’s colors and scouting out a place to watch the next game


<<<<< See Recipe >>>>>










8. Healthier Baked Macaroni and Cheese Muffins 



This recipe is a fun approach to traditional mac n cheese recipes. Your kids will love experiencing mac n cheese with their hands. We swapped out traditional bread crumbs with crushed Fiber One® cereal to add in extra fiber and by adding lean ground turkey, we added an extra serving of protein into every delicious muffin. You could easily sneak in some extra veggies, like sliced cherry tomatoes or asparagus and your kids would never know!

<<<<< See Recipe >>>>>










9.Mini Hoisin Turkey and Zucchini Meatloaf Muffins



Raise your hand if you cringe when you hear the word “meatloaf”. I get it because I used to feel the same way. The word painted pictures of 1950s-esque bricks of dried meat, served alongside lumpy mashed potatoes and limp broccoli. **Cringe**


<<<<< See Recipe >>>>>









10 .Petite Crustless Quiche


These petite crustless quiche are SO good, loaded with turkey kielbasa, veggies and cheese. This slimmed down quiche will not disappoint. Make them ahead for grab-and-go breakfast for the week!You can swap the veggies for anything you like, and the kielbasa can be swapped with ham or sausage. Two muffin sized quiches are perfectly satisfying, and to be honest, who needs the crust? If you try, let me know what you think!



11. Mini Tortilla Pizzas


This week I officially started my maternity leave and I am so excited because now I finally have time to do all the things I still have to do before our baby boy arrives. Living in Canada is such a gift because this awesome country gives us the right to have one-year maternity leave!! Yes, you read right! It is one year for you to be with your baby and participate of his/her development


<<<<< See Recipe >>>>>








12.Cheesy Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Meatloaf Muffins



Today I have a few things to get off my chest. Perhaps it’s me silently having a conversation with myself here but whatever the case, I just need a place to reflect.

I’ve been thinking quite a bit about my career, passion, and future goals. Overall I feel pretty accomplished for being 25. I’m satisfied… but unsatisfied. Does that make sense? Yes, I love my blog and I enjoy my full-time job, but something is definitely missing.


<<<<< See Recipe >>>>>









LIKE and SHARE  ; )

You May Also Like

0 comments