5-INGREDIENT FRESH FRUIT SALAD

by - 15:36



I created this simple 5 Ingredient Fresh Fruit Salad for my friend, Jana. She asked if I would “cater” her father’s 75th birthday party. My first thought was to decline, giving her a million excuses why I couldn’t. It’s one thing to plan the food for a family party, but for complete strangers…the pressure!






After finding out all the details, there were only 3 foods she needed me to create and add to the menu: a tossed salad, a bean salad, and a fruit salad. 

Along with the salads, I was to bring the smoked briskets, make the crock-pot macaroni, bake the rolls, and throw the already prepared twice-baked potatoes in the oven to finish off.

Lastly, she needed me to bring the prepared food and serve it to her 25 guests! Easy peasy, right?

Turns out it was a lot of prep work, but it was a fun day full of delicious food and fantastic people. I would definitely do it again if my phone rings again for this sort of “catering” job!




Onto this 5 Ingredient Fresh Fruit Salad…I knew I wanted a bright, colorful salad with a few cute cutouts of melon like you see in the photos. If you don’t have mini vegetable or fruit cutters (think mini cookie cutters) you really need to get some! I use my Pampered Chef set all.the.time. .

They are the perfect kitchen gadget for fruit, cheese, meat, and vegetable, trays. I use a set from Pampered Chef.






Simple 5 Ingredient Fruit Salad

Whether you signed up to bring fruit to a summer BBQ or just want a bowl in the fridge to snack on all week you need to try this easy recipe. Make ahead for your next party because it feeds a crowd! This healthy salad is perfect for the holidays or breakfast and brunch. Watermelon, cantelope, grapes, blueberries, and the delicious tropical flavors of pineapple make this simple recipe truly special!


PREPARATION


Remove watermelon and cantelope rinds. Cut into cubes (chunks). Add to a large bowl.

Add in pineapple chunks, grapes, and blueberries. Gently stir until all the fruit is distributed evenly. 

Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.

(Optional) Use mini cookie cutters to create cute shapes from the melon to place on top of the finished salad!


INGREDIENTS


6 cups watermelon, cubed (1/2 watermelon)
4 cups cantelope, cubed
4 cups green grapes, washed
2 cups blueberries, washed
2 20 oz cans  pineapple chunks (drained) or 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks



You May Also Like

0 comments