Cooks Network Easy Beef Lasagna

by - 15:06



Oh hi there! I so glad you came to join me in my culinary adventures because I have a super easy recipe to share with you. If you’re like me, you’re probably scared to make lasagna because of all the work it takes, boil the noodles, make the sauce, assemble the lasagna and bake it. This recipe is a lot simpler and it makes for a fabulous weeknight dinner.






So let me start by saying that I’m not a lasagna virgin. I’ve been making lasagna for a long time now and every single time, although I love the end result, I’m so tired at the end because of all the work involved.
However, I always look for short cuts in the kitchen, after all I work a stressful full time job, so I don’t have much time for recipes that take me half a day or an entire day to make.






So let me tell you what short cuts I took this time. I got the brilliant idea to not boil the noodles. At first I was scared that the noodles wouldn’t cook through. I also used store bought marinara sauce. But don’t let me stop you, if you want to make your own marinara sauce, feel free.
Because I was worried about the noodles being not cooked enough, I added some water to my sauce, because I knew the noodles would absorb some of that juice while in the oven cooking. Let me tell you this was the best lasagna I have ever made. Because the noodles weren’t precooked the lasagna wasn’t mushy at all, the noodles stayed firm, al dente, and super delicious.
From now on this is the only way I’ll ever make lasagna. I understand if you’re skeptical about making lasagna with uncooked noodles but trust me and give it a try. Now I know there are no boil lasagna noodles, but I used the regular kind, because I heard those noodles are just not the same.





Have you ever tried making lasagna with uncooked noodles? If you have I’d love to hear from you and how your lasagna turned out.






If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!

Prep Time 20 mins       Cook Time 1 hr     Total Time         1 hr 20 mins


Easy Beef Lasagna - easiest lasagna ever without the need to boil noodles or slave hours over the sauce. Perfect meal for a busy weeknight dinner.


INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.

In a sauce pan or skillet, cook the ground meat until no longer pink. Add chopped onion, 1 tbsp of the oregano, salt, pepper and continue cooking until onion is cooked through and translucent.

Add the marinara sauce to the skillet and the cup of water. Stir and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a small bowl combine the ricotta cheese, 1 tbsp oregano, eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.

In a baking dish that's about 9x13 inches, start assembling your lasagna. I usually start with a couple ladles of the sauce at the bottom, this is especially necessary now that the noodles aren't cooked. Lay 3 lasagna noodles over the meat sauce. Next layer with ricotta mixture and about 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Add another 3 lasagna noodles, meat mixture, ricotta mixture, mozzarella. Repeat until you have 4 layers of noodles, and end with ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.

Bake in the oven for about an hour. It will take the entire hour for the noodles to cook. You may try with a fork to ensure noodles are cooked.
Recipe Notes
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.







INGREDIENTS


1 lb ground beef
1 small onion diced
2 tbsp dried oregano dried
salt and pepper to taste
24 oz marinara sauce (1 jar/680 g)
1 cup water
15 oz ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
12 lasagna noodles
2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded




NUTRITION INFO

Serving Size: 1 (296 g)     Servings Per Recipe: 12

Calories 517.1     Calories from Fat 265 51%    Total Fat 29.5 g 45%    Saturated Fat 15.1 g 75%    Cholesterol 142.3 mg 47%    Sodium 829 mg 34%    Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g 8%    Dietary Fiber 2.2 g 8%    Sugars 3.9 g 15%    Protein 36.6 g 73%





LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

You May Also Like

0 comments