Vegan Pumpkin Pie Pudding

by - 08:13




I was in the line at the food store on Monday, and the woman in front of me was buying a pumpkin pie. And I thought to myself “I can eat pumpkin pie now!? It’s fall time!? I want to go to there!!”. Pumpkin pie is maybe my all time favorite dessert. Especially if I sprinkle it with some cocoa or chocolate chips. I have a bit of a sweet tooth.

This is the ultimate pumpkin dish in my book. It tastes like pumpkin pie, and the texture is very similar too. The difference is that this is much quicker, and easier to make, and doesn’t require any eggs. Plus, because there is no crust, you get all the healthy stuff and can stuff your face guiltlessly!!! And believe me, I stuff my face with this pudding.






Health highlight of pumpkin: Pumpkin, humble though it may seem, is actually a superfood. It is high in carotenoids (which are antioxidants), full of fiber, and low in calories. Pumpkin is a good source of potassium, and a very good source of iron, and vitamin c.

 Despite the natural sugars in pumpkin, it is a strongly anti-inflammatory food. Pumpkin can help protect your vision, regulate your blood sugar, and may even help prevent cancer. The best part is that you can get all these benefits by popping open a can!! Pretty sweet!!



PREPARATION


In a medium pot add the maple syrup, pumpkin, and spice

Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes

Whisk in the arrowroot

Add the almond milk and whisk well

Return to a boil and allow to cook until thick, about 3 minutes more

Place the pudding into containers and refrigerate until chilled



INGREDIENTS

2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
¾ cup Pumpkin
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp nutmeg, and a pinch of ginger and allspice can be subbed)
3 tablespoons Arrowroot (sweet rice flour, or cornstarch can be subbed)
1 ½ cups Almond Milk
Coconut Whipped Cream (optional, to serve)
Recipe spicily chosen for all my vegan's, enjoy my friends


NUTRITION INFORMATION

Serving Size: 1 (129 g) Servings Per Recipe: 8

Calories 226.4    Calories from Fat 52 23%    Total Fat 5.8 g 8%     Saturated Fat 0.6 g 2%    Cholesterol 0 mg 0%     Sodium 496 mg 20%     Total Carbohydrate 42 g 13%     Dietary Fiber 3 g 12%    Sugars 23.5 g 93%    Protein 2.6 g 5%

You May Also Like

0 comments