BEET PESTO

by - 05:58



As I write this post I can’t take the smile off of my face.  I am literally giddy with pride. I think I have just discovered the secret to life-long happiness.  And it involves two of my favorite things.

Beets and basil are great friends.  It just took me a while to realize it.  Better late than never!







PREPARATION



Blend everything together in a food processor. Taste test and adjust seasonings. 
Slice up a baguette of bread. Spread pesto followed by goat cheese. Place in the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Serve with a basil leaf on top of each slice of bread.
Enjoy!
Notes

Use this recipe as a guide and taste test as you go.




INGREDIENTS 


PREP TIME: 5 MINS    COOK TIME: 15 MIN    SERVES: 4-6

3 beets, cooked
2 cloves of garlic, minced
handful of fresh basil leaves
handful of fresh parmesan cheese
handful of toasted walnuts
about 1/4-1/3 cup olive oil
salt and peppeper to taste
Crusty bread
Goat cheese



NUTRITION INFORMATION

Serving Size: 1 (14 g)     Servings Per Recipe: 4


Calories 77.4    Calories from Fat 57 74%    Total Fat 6.3 g 9%    Saturated Fat 4.4 g 21%    Cholesterol 16.8 mg 5%    Sodium 109.5 mg 4%    Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g 0%    Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%     Sugars 0.5 g 2%    Protein 4.6 g 9%





You May Also Like

0 comments