Cook's Network Potato Salad Recipe

by - 09:18




I have a soft place in my heart for good ol’ fashioned potato salad.

It’s not just that tastes good – it does! – that goes without saying. It’s the family memories that go along with it.






For years, I’ve avoided making potato salad because it was just one more carb I’d be tempted to eat, but lately I’ve begun to realize that life’s too short not to eat the things we love, so on Memorial Day last Monday, I made classic potato salad to take to a potluck.

A lot of potato salad, and I’ve been eating the leftovers all week long, and they’re SO good!






I do love my green salads, my buttermilk ranch dressing, my taco salad dressing, and all those great low-carb goodies, but you know what? Sometimes a good old white potato just can’t be beat! And since I make my own homemade mayonnaise with healthy oil, I feel pretty good about this little soft place in my heart.



PREPARATION


Peel and dice potatoes. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, boiling potatoes
for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
In a large bowl, combine chopped potatoes, mayonnaise, chopped onion,
green pepper, and relish.
Season with salt pepper and celery salt.
Mix well. Cover, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight






INGREDIENTS 


5 pounds Idaho Potatoes
2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cups mustard
1/2 small onion diced
1 Green Pepper seeded and diced
¼ cup Sweet Relish (optional) adds a sweetness
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt




NUTRITION INFO

Serving Size: 1 (284 g)     Servings Per Recipe: 8

Calories 237.9    Calories from Fat 32 14%    Total Fat 3.6 g 5%    Saturated Fat 1.1 g 5%    Cholesterol 116.6 mg 38%    Sodium 372.8 mg 15%    Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g 14%    Dietary Fiber 5.3 g 21%    Sugars 6.2 g 24%    Protein 8.7 g 17%




LIKE US ON FACEBOOK 

You May Also Like

0 comments