25+ Puff Pastry Dough Recipes

by - 11:03


25+ Puff Pastry Dough Recipes



Who doesn’t love a great shortcut when putting together a great meal or dessert? I know I sure do. We’ve gathered together over 25+ Puff Pastry Dough recipes… easy dishes that all have one awesome shortcut in common – frozen puff pastry dough. That magical stuff just takes all the hard work out of it and makes you look like a chef extraordinaire.



We are still on an apple kick around here. All last week we shared a bunch of delicious apple recipes, including our favorite: caramel apple slab pie (you’re gonna want to pin that one…this one too, but that one for sure!). With apples in season, we need to put them all to good use, and today’s recipe for mini apple brie turnovers is a keeper.







Caramelized onion bites with sautéed crimini mushrooms, balsamic caramelized onions, and applewood smoked gruyere cheese. Thee perfect little appetizers! They’re made with puff pastry and take no time at all to whip up! These are the perfect appetizers to serve your guests this holiday season.






They’re hand pies! And also sort of like toaster strudels, which is enough reason to make a mad dash to the kitchen like, right now. But what makes them even better than store-bought toaster strudels is that the filling is made from actual real fruit. Summer sweet cherries to be exact.








This Spinach Ricotta Brunch Bake is the perfect weekend brunch recipe that can be made ahead and will surely please and impress your guests. I know it’s not the weekend yet, but I have a great weekend brunch recipe for you today that is simply gorgeous and so yummy.








I’m writing this from the airplane – yes! – en route back from Miami via Montreal. Getting there three days ago took three take-offs and landings and about 15 hours due to a trouble making funnel cloud, but it was worth it to spend the weekend with Em, spreading the word about our oh-so-good-for-you Canadian lentils among those who like to write about food, catching up with a few of my favorite people and checking out the spectacle that is Miami beach. I was the pastiest-legged one there.







Wow your guests for your next brunch with these ham & cheese puffs. Serve with a crisp salad for an easy yet impressive dish with little effort.








These cute, delicious little Strawberry Cream Puffs are a perfect Valentine’s treat or anytime treat!



The recipe starts with Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry Cups… quickly becoming one of my “go to” easy recipe options!  These little pastry cups can be filled with savory foods (as I did recently with these Buffalo Chicken Pastry Bites), or sweet fillings.



The filling is simply my Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse, and it’s just the perfect combo of sweet, rich and fluffy.










An assortment of autumn vegetables is paired with a garlicky roasted cauliflower purée in these savory pastries.







How fun are these Caprese Tarts? This probably makes me sound like a dork, but I always think it’s super fun to work with puff pastry. It looks all thin and flat and then you stick it in the oven and POOF, it’s all puffy and flaky and delicious. I’ve made some dessert tarts before using puff pastry (peach basil and apple cinnamon, if you’re interested), but I hadn’t posted a savory puff tart yet, and it seemed about time.







The nearly translucent, thin layers of fresh pear brushed with a sweet, spiced ginger sauce nestled seductively atop flaky, golden puff-pastry was just too much to resist. My own morning impulses aside, this lovely little pastry is a beautiful, autumnal dessert and fantastically simple to boot.



It comes together quickly to create an impressive and elegant tart, prime for entertaining… or early-morning snacking.





Don’t you love it when you decide on what to make for dinner and you just so happen to have everything you need right in your very own kitchen? It’s rare, but it happened to me when I had a craving for chicken pot pie.







These Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Cookies were a nice surprise!  With very few ingredients and the  little effort it takes to make them you really get a big bang for your buck.  The puff pastry makes a nice flaky exterior to the cookie while the cream cheese and milk chocolate chips create a wonderful creamy chocolaty filling.  I couldn’t believe how good they were.   Which got me thinking…







We are so thankful to all of your for taking the time to visit our blog!  We love being able to share our recipes, ideas and crafts with you!  We hope you have a wonderful day with friends and family.



We kicked our Thanksgiving off with a family football game this morning.  Afterwards, we came back to my house for a delicious breakfast!  These donuts were a hit and were so simple to make!  They literally taste like Krispy Kreme donuts, but you don’t have to wait for the hot light to come on for a fresh donut! 😉





Join us as we take a peek into Jen’s pantry and she shares her ideas for optimal pantry organization along with some great tips on stocking up. 



Then we head into the kitchen where we prepare this easy Roasted Garlic Puff Pastry Flatbread.  This is sooo good.  I have made this so many times recently, I think I’m about to turn into a puff pastry.  This is great for entertaining or enjoy while watching a good movie with a glass of red wine.





Was haunted by this image from Pinterest for like a week straight. It’s so beautiful. A star made of layers of flakey puff pastry with ground cinnamon and chocolate weaved throughout. And, easy. So, so easy. Mainly because there’s not much to make—it’s just assembly!



This is the perfect thing for one of those nights or days when you’re invited totally last minute to a party or gathering and you need something fun and exciting and easy to put in the oven. This is the answer!










Poaching fruit is one of my favorite things to do when cold weather arrives.  It's so warming to stand over a boiling pot of fragrant spices and lose yourself in thought.  When I made these, I couldn't help but daydream as I stirred;  if I were a pear... I wouldn't want to spend my days on the shelf of a cold produce department.  I'd want to be taken to a warm home and placed in a jacuzzi of honey and spices.  I'd want to be wrapped in an extra long puff pastry scarf and baked until golden and toasty.



That sounds a little silly, but that's what I'd want... if I were a pear.  





They elevate the typical pigs in a blanket with the quality of the sausage, crunchy wrapper, and seasoning. I swear by the Everything Bagel Seasoning as it adds so much flavor compared to just salting them.







This indulgent recipe for Dark Chocolate Cream Horns makes puff pastry cornucopias filled with dark chocolate and Chantilly cream.  The chocolate on top gives this recipe a double dose of chocolate, making it one amazing dessert.



If you’ve never had a cream horn, now is the time to try them!
















These tomato and basil puff pastry tarts are fresh, light, and delicious. They’re incredibly easy, but look so fancy!
















If you haven’t had time to bake a pie for dessert, this last minute shortcut apple streudel idea might just be a lifesaver.



I’ve used golden delicious apples in this recipe which were quite sweet and didn’t need a lot of extra sugar but judge for yourself if your apples are more tart, you may want to add a little more.
















With flaky pastry layers all melded together with cheese and buttery goodness, this really should come as no surprise, right?



After I took one bite, and realized how delicious these were, I feared that 4 cheese twists just wasn’t going to cut it for my family of 4.



My family loved these cheese twists so much the first time, I didn’t waste any time making them again.












These mini croissants are made with frozen pastry puff.    They are stuffed with cheesecake dough and a piece of Ghirardelli chocolate!  I know what you are thinking! Let me at them!

These are so simple.  However you need to make the cheesecake batter ahead of time and let it get nice and thick in the refrigerator for a couple of hours! So this recipe requires a little planning ahead.






These are so much easier than the traditional yeast-risen garlic knots and every bit, if not more, delicious!



You can throw them together in less than 20 minutes and after the first time, they promise to become a habit.







Light, flaky with a light, zesty cream filling ! These Lemon Cream Puffs are right up my taste buds and they are so easy to make.



Obviously the delicious cream filling is not supposed to leak out as in the photo, but me showing you these pics actually serve two points I am trying to make.


















Quiche is a delicious savory dish made of a pie crust, egg-custard (usually with cheese) and fillings. It is super versatile (see graphic below for 5 Quiche recipes) and easy to make.  Whenever I have a hodge-podge of veggies in my fridge needing some extra TLC I make them into a quiche and am always pleasantly surprised at how good it is when it all comes together. This one being no exception, and since it was SO yummy and I just so happened to write down everything I put the quiche, I just had to share my recipe for Garden Veggie Quiche!















26. Easy Cherry Turnovers 

I have never made turnovers of any kind before. I always thought they sounded a little intimidating. I finally decided to buck up and give them a try. I opted for cherry turnovers because we had cherry pie filling on hand. And because Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I’m in the mood for all things red and pink. 😉

>>>>> Continue Reading >>>>>







27. Strawberry Napoleons

Napolenons are one of my very favorite desserts. My husband found a new little French bakery downtown a few weeks ago, and I’ve been making runs downtown, not for their macaroons mind you which are amazing, but for the Napoleons, and of course a sandwich. They have the best bread in town.

>>>>> Continue Reading >>>>>









LIKE and SHARE

You May Also Like

0 comments