Mini Rum Butter Cinnamon Rolls

by - 13:42



I was planning on making Caramel Cinnamon Rolls, but changed my mind last minute. Food Basics had all their extracts on sale and I ended up buying one of each. I couldn’t help myself and besides, it was a sale. I had recipe ideas dancing in my head. I started out with the rum extract and wanted to make something with rum butter. I’m not a big drinker and don’t have any rum in the house. If you do, you could use rum or buy some rum extract like I did.




I was so happy with how this recipe for Mini Rum Butter Cinnamon Rolls turned out. It was pretty easy to make too! My dough was two packages of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to save time. I use Pillsbury products all the time in recipes. And no, I’m not a paid spokesperson!

These guys are “mini” bite sized treats! Rolled up inside is a sweet blend of cinnamon and brown sugar. Then they are baked in a luscious rum butter sauce. Oh. my. They are sticky so have some paper towel close by.




PREPARATION

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.

Remove saucepan from heat and stir in whipping cream. Return to heat and bring to a boil while continuing to stir. Once boiling reduce heat to medium and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir in rum extract. Pour mixture into a greased 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.

Separate the crescent roll dough into eight rectangles. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over each piece of dough. Roll up dough starting on the shorter side.

Cut dough into one-inch pieces. Place rolls in the prepared dish.
Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool a minute or two before flipping onto a plate. Serve hot.





INGREDIENTS

2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

RUM BUTTER SAUCE

1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tsp rum extract


NUTRITION INFORMATION

Serving Size: 4 ( 323 g)     Servings Per Recipe: 3dozn

Calories 314.2    Calories from Fat 205 50%     Total Fat 24 g 52%    Saturated Fat 10.8 g 69%    Cholesterol 52.9 mg 27%     Sodium 220.2 mg 9%     Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g 24%    Dietary Fiber 3.8 g 15%     Sugars 27.3 g 80%    Protein 4.4 g 10%



You May Also Like

0 comments