MIXED FRUIT SALAD WITH HONEY-LEMON YOGURT DRESSING

by - 09:36




Mixed Fruit Salad with Honey-Lemon Yogurt Dressing – Amazing Summer Fruit Salad with grapes, blackberries, apples, pineapples and crunchy pecans mixed with a simple, yet healthy and refreshing Honey-Lemon Yogurt Dressing.







Sunday, is the one day in the week I take some me time to prepare some new recipe, a new lip-shine, too, paint my nails, and catch up on my social network;s. Setting aside little time for myself relieves stress and is an opportunity to recharge my batteries. If I don’t take care of myself, I can’t take care of the rest of the family, know what I’m sayin’? You, too?? High Five! 






Usually, I just hop over to our nearby Jewel-Osco and hoard all the magazines that I can find. For some Cooking Light inspiration, some new ideas some new recipe, that i need to try








I realize that me time means different things to different people. for me it is looking through my recipe magazines and find a recipe that I like and have all the ingredients to make with my family right away
Proff.



2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes. Say whaaaat?
YEP! THIS is why I love my magazines; it’s all about learning, it’s about escapism and, of course, inspiration.




Meet my summer favorite: Mixed Fruit Salad with Honey-Lemon Yogurt Dressing. It’s rare for me to make the same salad over and over again, but there’s always an exception.

Layers of grapes, apples, blackberries, pineapples and crunchy pecans, all tossed in the most amazing honey lemon yogurt dressing. That right there is the language of summer fruit lovin’.




Mixing together a quick fruit salad is easy, But it’s worth taking the time to mix up a sweet, delicious dressing and suddenly, a simple fruit salad becomes a dessert to remember. 



Ingredients



1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1 to 2 tablespoons honey

FOR THE FRUIT SALAD

2 cups seedless grapes
2 cups thinly sliced apples
1 cup blackberries
2 cups fresh diced pineapples
1 cup halved pecans

Instructions



In a meddium jar, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey.
Cover jar with the lid and mix to blend.
Taste and flavor accordingly. move aside.
Layer all the fruit in a large salad bowl and add pecans.
Stir the entire yogurt mixture into the fruit salad until thoroughly combined.
Serve chilled 


Recipe Notes



You can use different kind of fruit; this is just a example.
If not using right away, do not add yogurt dressing into the salad until you are ready to serve. 
Keep refrigerated.



Nutrition Facts


Calories 141.6     Calories from Fat 35     Total Fat 3.9g6%     Saturated Fat 0.4g2%     Cholesterol 0.6mg0%     Sodium 15.3mg1%     Total Carbohydrates 28.1g9%     Dietary Fiber 3.5g14%     Sugars 23.2g     Protein 2.1g4%

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.






LIKE and SHARE  : )

You May Also Like

0 comments